Friday, June 21, 2013

Welcome to Foodle

Hello! Welcome to my food blog and thanks for following. My name is Rochelle Cooper, I am an alumnus of the Baking & Pastry Arts Programs at Johnson & Wales University. I also recently graduated with my M.Ed. in Higher Education from The Pennsylvania State University. Soon, my family and I will be moving to Florida and I cannot wait to start work as a pastry cook in The Sunshine State. I get a vast majority of my ideas from the everyday ingredients that bring back memories of good food and good times. Neoclassic and savory-sweet themes excite me in new and upcoming pastry trends. My favorite dessert to make is ice cream; I really like creating exotic flavors. 

This blog is a spin off of a previous blog of mine but I'm digging the new title I have going on here.

Foodle

This is not to be confused with the site Foodle.com  which only shows this logo on the entire page (super useful site :P):
Also, not to be confused with the mix dog breed of a Toy Fox Terrier and Poodle (though very adorable):


In my mind, a foodle is a doodle of food. A lot of times when chefs are working on a new dessert or an extravagant wedding cake we draw out the idea to further inspiration, similar to an artist. 

I like to dabble in art but of course my favorite medium is food. The only thing better than art is eating it!

Sometimes, in a foodle, things may not make sense to other people or other chefs, the only thing that matters is that what comes from it delights and excites the customer, client, or patron.  I view these people as my audience and sometimes I even like to give them a little show. Food with an action is so unique and enchanting to people, whether your specialty cake has a neat effect or your plated dessert has smoke trapped with it below a glass which is lifted in the customers presence for a mouthwatering smokey experience. 

In the next few days, I will be uploading old posts from my last blog that I feel it is important my followers have. But shortly after, you can look foreword to seeing many new posts with yummy recipes, funny tales, and pictures to go along with it! 

Thanks again! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment