Monday, November 4, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Mess I'm In

When you are having a bad day and everything is going wrong, it is tough to find the silver lining.

I had a day in the bakeshop such as this.

I was making cheesecake, which we were already past too low on. 

Service was over, the line was clean, and I was going into overtime doing this late night prep. 

Just as I started streaming the liquids into the batter...butterfingers. 

Everywhere, the eggs plopped and the the cream pooled into the tile grooves.

 Magdalena was in the shop too and she came over to help me figure out what to do since half the liquids were in the batter and an immeasurable amount were on the floor. And then she smiled and said "mira, calienda!" (look, beauiful).  Look at what a beautiful mess I made...

 The way the eggs mostly didn't break and the cream found a unique path around the dirty crimson tiles. 


The way the cream splattered like a Jackson Pollock. 


The whole seen was almost poetic in a way, taking five minutes to admire and photograph this disaster was just what I needed to get back on my feet, rescale, and finish the job. 


Some people say to stop and smell the roses, others say don't cry over spilled milk. 

I say, sometimes you gotta enjoy a beautiful eggy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment