Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Om Nom Nom Banana Ice Cream

It has been a very long week, things are slow at the hotel but I am having my ass handed to me since I've been on the lazy train for a year. I can’t wait till my body catches up with my mind because I really love my new job and the people I work with. Anyways, I just finished a seven day stretch and finally have my days off, yay! So I feel absolutely no guilt indulging in this yummy dish of banana chocolate chip caramel ice cream.


Banana Chocolate Chip Caramel Ice Cream
Yield: 2 quarts
Tools: Ice cream maker, rubber spatula, blender or stick blender
Ingredients:

4 cups
965 grams
Heavy Cream
2 cup
454 grams
Whole Milk
1 cup
174 grams
Brown Sugar
1 cup (about 2 each)
340 grams
Ripe Banana,  Mashed
1 Tbsp.
6 grams
Vanilla
1 tsp.
250 grams
Espresso Salt
1 cup
170 grams
Chocolate Chips, chopped
½ cup
100 grams
Sugar
2 Tbsp.
27 grams
Butter
½ cup
120 grams
Heavy Cream, warmed
Method of Preparation:
1.      Place ice cream maker bowl in freezer if necessary.
2.      Blend first five ingredients together and store in the fridge overnight.
3.      In the meantime make caramel sauce with the last three ingredients by cooking the sugar until amber (about 335oF-345oF). Deglaze with butter, add cream, and whisk till smooth. Store in the fridge overnight.
4.      The next day, spin in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. turn machine on then add ice cream).
5.      Once ice cream reaches soft serve consistency, transfer it into a freezer safe container.
6.      Add in espresso salt, chocolate chips, and caramel sauce.
7.      Freeze about 2-4 hours until firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment